Saturday, July 22, 2017

K-On - Hotel ibis London Earl's Court

This time in London I managed to get a room at Hotel ibis London Earl's Court which was shown in the K-On movie.



Image from K-On movie - 57m05s


I visited this hotel the previous time I were in London as well, but I only got pictures of the outside and the lobby since I wasn't staying there.




Image from K-On movie - 64m12s


The rooms here doesn't look anything like they do in the movie though.




Image from K-On movie - 58m08s


Not even the desk or mirror here are the same.




Image from K-On movie - 73m26s


The elevators looks different as well.




Image from K-On movie - 73m32s


The elevator buttons too.




Image from K-On movie - 68m02s


One place that's still similar is the restaurant.




Image from K-On movie - 68m03s


This is where Yui and Azusa ate breakfast.




Image from K-On movie - 68m14s


Parts of the room has been painted green, but you can still see the matching bits.




Image from K-On movie - 68m07s


I also had some toast with jam while here.




Image from K-On movie - 64m03s


This view can also be seen from the hotel. This is the view towards the south. The window I looked out of here were in a slightly different position so I couldn't get the whole view on the left, but the right side matches.




Image from K-On movie - 59m30s


Same view again where you can see this matching building in the middle of the anime shot. I stayed in a twin room, of which none have a view towards the south, but I got these pictures from a window in an emergency stairway.




Image from K-On movie - 59m37s


The outsides of West Brompton Station were under renovations the last time I visited, but this time I got a proper picture.




Image from K-On movie - 60m49s


While in London I also got this shot inside the Sherlock Holmes museum I missed the last time in London. This is the view from the window in the stairwell between the middle and upper floor of the museum. I've marked a path between Hotel ibis London Earl's Court and this museum in the map below.



Location map:



These locations were visited on 2017/07/16 and 2017/07/17.

Special thanks to the ones who went here before:
http://konlondon.blogspot.com
https://twitter.com/q87dt/status/861618998655496193

No comments:

Post a Comment