Monday, January 4, 2016

KyoAni Do Fan Days 2015

I found out that Kyoto Animation would have a fan event called KyoAni & Do Fan Days 2015 when I was planning my trip, so I just had to go.



I arrived a bit before 10:00 on the first day just as they were going to open.




I went inside and got my tickets and I saw this banner.




Back outside again I got in the queue for the shop. It didn't seem too bad.




The queue was really fast, so after just 30 minutes I could see the entrance.




And then I got inside and saw the actual massive queue that were inside in the shop area.




They handed out these sheets where you could mark down what goods you wanted. You could only get 1 of each of most of the items.




Items started to sell out even before I got to the cashier area.




After 2.5 hours waiting inside I could finally see the cashier area. So at 3 hours total it took less time queueing than when I went to the Aoki Umeten Art Exhibition.




They had set up 15 cash registers to deal with all the sales.




Next to the shop they had this area where you could sit down and rest after waiting so long in the queue.




KyoAni Shop banner in the back of the hall.




Women were also lining up in the resting area.




It was to take pictures of these cardboard cutouts of characters from Free!










I also got a picture of this Rikka Takanashi cosplayer. I saw some Sound! Euphonium cosplayers too, but didn't get any pictures.




Next to the resting area they had also set up a shipping booth if you didn't want to carry around the items you have bought.




They had a table showing all the goods you could buy as well.










Outside the shop area there were another huge event banner and directions to the different areas.




Closeup of the event banner.




Upstairs they had flower arrangements from various companies who wanted to congratulate Kyoto Animation and Animation Do.




Closer look at all the flower arrangements.
















Next to all the flower arrangements they had an exhibition area which I made a separate post about.




They also had this area where they had autograph signing and stage events. You had to apply for a lottery to get tickets to these. I got one for the "What we are now! Kyoto Animation & Animation Do Animation Crew's Forum!" hosted by Minoru Shiraishi which had various crew answering questions.




Image from Sound! Euphonium S1E12 - 16m18s. I also got a ticket to the "Kyoto Animation 2D & 3D CG Artist's Talk Session" where they showed how various cuts of animation were put together, including the bridge running scene from Sound! Euphonium where they showed the 3D backgrounds.




Image from Sound! Euphonium S1E7 - 13m32s. They also showed the evolution of their 3D character models, including facial expressions on a 3D model of Tamako Kitashirakawa. Another cut they showed was the one above from Sound! Euphonium where they revealed that all the characters except Kumiko, Asuka and Natsuki were 3D models.




Image from Sound! Euphonium S1E5 - 21m19s. Other things they showed was a marching scene from episode 5 of Sound! Euphonium, some sakura flower leaf animation, effects animation in a battle scene from Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions - Heart Throb and an outtake with a weird book cover that somebody had put on a 3D model in a scene from Beyond the Boundary.




On the second day I arrived about 1.5 hours before it opened, so I got to go inside right away and wait in the shop queue inside. I also realized why the outside queue moved so fast on the first day. It was because everybody was sitting down inside before it opened, so they could bring a lot more people in when they opened and everybody stood up.




It 'only' took 2.5 hours total of queuing on this day. This is a picture of all the people still in queue after I had gotten my items, so it was wise to arrive early.




At the end of the second day most of the items were sold out.




I also saw a Rikka Takanashi decorated car while here.




Here's some of the items I got. In the top left is the event leaflet you got for attending. It contained the greeting note in the bottom left corner as well. You could get both a Japanese and English version of these. In the bottom right is the entry and event tickets and pin buttons you got for attending the Fan Days. Finally on the top right is an event pamphlet you could buy.




The pamphlet you could buy had info about all the shows and some shikishi autograph board pictures. Here's a Tamako Market one signed by Naoko Yamada and a Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions one signed by Tatsuya Ishihara.




Sound! Euphonium ones signed by Tatsuya Ishihara and Shoko Ikeda.




And from the new Myriad Colors Phantom World show signed by Tatsuya Ishihara and Kazumi Ikeda.




I also got some pictorial records. One of Tamako Love Story.




Another one of Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions - Heart Throb.




And finally one of Sound! Euphonium.




These contain select keyframe drawings from the series and movie.




Another thing I got were some clear files. These were random and you could buy up to 7 of them. I got one of Mirai Kuriyama.




And finally 2 of the different KyoAni Shop shopping bags you got if you bought something.



No location map since it's no longer there.

This location was visited on 2015/10/31 and 2015/11/01.

Links:
KyoAni & Do Fan Days 2015 official website

No comments:

Post a Comment